Saturday, May 11, 2013

Touristing





                     CLICK HERE TO SEE PICTURES OF CALAVEAS BIG TREES


Yesterday we went to Calaveras Big Trees. This is a spot I went to when I was a kid in the Boy Scouts. Ok it has been a very long time since I was there. I have always remembered a big Redwood that had been cut down a long time ago and wanted to see it again. Well it is still there just like before. Wow what a tree. It was cut down by 5 guys and took 22 days to do it.The tree was so big they could only cut it by boring it as there was no saw big enough. The Tree turned out to be only 1250 years old and I just wonder how big it would have been if it would have lived another 1000 years. I guess they did it just because they could but what a wast. Well that is not all of the trees and they are great. Gloria and I walked the trail through the North section. Yes I said Gloria, she walked some of it but the trail is a mile and a half so I sent her back about a third of the way through. She wanted to do the whole trail but I thought it was too much for her. I will post pictures of the trees but it will be some time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment