Monday, March 30, 2015

Good times

We have not done too much but have been having a great time. The park is nice enough and I have been walking every morning looking for the Bobcats and have not seen any yet. Did see a Doe and two Fawns and this evening I saw an Owl.



I took the bike and rode up to the Hollister Historic Park and ended up getting a personal tour as I was the only one there. The grounds keeper took me around and told me about all the stuff they had there. Most of the farm equipment was donated by the ranches in the area. There were some sheds that you can look through the windows at the things inside but I got to go in and get a closer look. Also got to into the old bar. It was a great visit and lots of things to see.

These are Tea boxes from Occupied China.




Today we went to San Juan Bautista and went to the old Mission and the State Historic Park. That was great and so much to see and learn. The Mission San Juan Bautista was started in 1797 and had lots of things from its long history. There were several building in the State Park right next to the Mission that were great to go through. All well worth the time.








I will add lots more pictures before we leave on a link like I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment