Sunday, August 17, 2014

Opps guess I have been lazzy

Guess I should bring you all up to date. We left the Cape Cod area on Tuesday as there was lots of rain in the forecast and I didn't feel like driving in it. We drove up the coast to Maine to Moody Beach RV Park. We were lucky as they had a nice site for us to set up in. All went well and we got all set up and didn't get wet. Even got our satellite dish to work. Met up with our friends Joe and Jylan for a nice chat. Well the weather man was right the rain came in the next day. Started out light so we did a drive around the area to see what all was close. We went to Wells Beach to see the ocean and walk on the beach. Not what we expected as the sand was real coarse and there were no shells.



 After that we went south along the water and ended up at a place called Shores. It was a small restaurant and I had my second Lobster Roll. I liked this on much better as they Put butter on it instead of Mayo. Gloria had Fish and Chips and thought it was great too. After that we headed back to the house and then the rain started to get harder. Around 8PM it hit hard and came down in buckets. It came down so hard it broke two arms on my awning. The news said they had over 6.5 inches of rain.
Yesterday was my birthday so we didn't do much. We did go out and check out a place called Shanes up by Walmart and I had a great Lobster Roll there. Then Gloria took me out for dinner at Wells beach Lobster Pound. I had a nice Lobster and she had Haddock both were great. Then it was off the an Ice Cream place for the biggest Hot Fudge Sunday I have ever had. Think I gained 10 lbs. But it was worth it. Well that is about it for now but will try to keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment