Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rockaway Beach OR. Paradise Cove

Got to Paradise Cove at Rockaway Beach early 8-10 with no trouble at all. Park is nice but not as nice as we have been use to. We did not do much today just set up and sat around and watched the bay and the people bring in there fish and crab.
We took the bike out and went to a meat smoke house where Len got some beef sticks that he loves.... Also went to the Maritime Museum in Geribaldi. It was interesting and would advise the stop. Also went to Rockaway Beach but not much there. Also took the bike north up the coast towards Sea Side just to see what was up that way. Got some nice pictures of the coast. Was a great ride.
Today we went to the Tillamook County Fair. It was a good time. We watched a horse race, checked out exhibits and lots of animals. I even had 2 scoops of Tillamook Ice Cream and that was real good.
When we got back to the trailer our neighbor gave us two small crabs that they had cooked and you guessed it Len had them right then. And no Gloria did not want any..... I Have Posted some new Pictures on the web too if you haven't looked lately.
Saturday one of the guys we met (Herman) ask if I would like to go fishing with him on Monday. I of course said yes as it was my birthday and that would be a great gift. Had also met Allen and his family and he needed some minor work done on his boat and asked if I could do it. I did and he ran me up to the store to get my license. He also wanted to know if I would like to go fishing with him on Tuesday and again I said Yes. So on Monday Herman and I went fishing for Salmon but didn't catch any but sure did like it and learned a lot. On Tuesday Allen, Marv and I went out early but we put out crab pots first then went fishing. We did not catch any Salmon in the morning so went back and checked the pots. Wow there was lots in them and limited out. Brought them back to the dock and Gloria and Sonja cooked and cleaned all 24 of them. We went back out fishing and Marv caught a Silver Salmon. Said it was a small one but to me it was Hugh. I didn't catch any fish but sure had a great time.
We are leaving 8-17 to start working our way home. 
Link to Pictures around Paradise Cove:
                 http://www.flickr.com/photos/59538014@N04/sets/72157627452270826/

No comments:

Post a Comment